Chia Seed Pudding (vegan, gluten free), serves 4
- 1 cup vanilla flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (preferably grade B), plus 4 tsp for serving
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
In a medium bowl, gently whisk the almond milk, yogurt, the tbsp maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until just blended. Whisk in the chia seeds. Let stand for 30 minutes. Stir to distribute the seeds if they have settled. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, in a medium bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 4 tsp maple syrup. Mix in the almonds.
Spoon the pudding into 4 bowls or stemmed pudding glasses, mound the berry mixture on top, and serve.
Protein: 9 g
Carbs: 27 g
Fiber: 9 g